Songhai Concepts

Media Literacy/Digital Archiving Instructor

Friday, April 04, 2008

The Home Stretch

Starting 3/24/08, and on every Monday until the end of the school year, Media Literacy students in my 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th period classes will need to embed a slideshow onto your blog once a week. I will leave comments on your blog and check your page several times a week to see that the slideshow is there and to check on the accuracy of the stories you add to the slideshow.

As you add your weekly stories to your embedded ZOHO or your Google slideshow, your slideshow will automatically update on your blog! Every time you save your document, I see the changes immediately. The ZOHO or Google Presentation slideshow is the tool we will use to create, edit and publish our weekly episodes of This Week In Blogs.

You will need to repeat these steps every Monday for the remainder of the school year. Your final grade for this course will be based on the effort, the heartiness and the accuracy of your weekly embedded slideshows.

If you are comfortable using Jumpcut, Eyespot, iMovie, or Moviemaker you may use any of those programs to create your weekly episode of This Week In Blogs. You are encouraged to record all of your reports with a video camera, or a cell phone and to embed that video inside of ZOHO, Google Presentation or your blog.

If you write your stories clearly and accurately, there really is no wrong way of compiling your weekly episodes of This Week In Blogs, especially if you include photographs, hyperlinks and video.

See me if you have questions.




H. Songhai

4/4/08

2 Comments:

  • At April 04, 2008 11:30 PM, Blogger Durff said…

    I have a question. Why not subscribe to each learners blog via RSS, then grade their slideshows embedded on their blogs from your RSS Reader? I grade from my RSS Reader and it is far faster...

     
  • At April 07, 2008 9:03 AM, Blogger H Songhai said…

    Thanks Mrs. Durff. That's pretty much what I do. I subscribe to all of their blogs in Google Reader and I make my comments from that list view vantage point in Google Reader. Is that what you are describing or am I missing a step or two? I am open for suggestions.

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sign up for Loopt at www.loopt.com