Songhai Concepts

Media Literacy/Digital Archiving Instructor

Monday, August 10, 2009

What would Cecil B. Moore have said?

























CLICK ABOVE TO ENLARGE IMAGE


Thanks to Philly talk show host, Michael Smerconish for this extremely clever example of Twitter usage over the last 90 years. The original piece first appeared in the June 28, 2009 edition of the Philadelphia Sunday Inquirer.

I was so impressed with the thoughtfulness behind Twitter-delphia that I e-mailed Mr. Smerconish and told him that I would like to use his model as a class project for my digital archiving students. He e-mailed me back and asked that I keep him posted...

So with the "big talker's" blessings, my students will re-create a similar Twitter-delphia model that spans 90 years of Philadelphia history. The students have until Friday of this week to submit their final lists. For this project though, my students will do something Michael Smerconish could not do in the newspaper: the students must include at least two hyperlinks per tweet and one link must be a multimedia link. We'll see how that all plays out. I will keep you posted.

H Songhai
8/10/09

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sign up for Loopt at www.loopt.com