Songhai Concepts

Media Literacy/Digital Archiving Instructor

Thursday, October 01, 2009

TweetGrid, A New Way To Search Twitter

I came across TweetGrid yesterday over my Twitter wire and all I can say is wow-o-wow-o-wow! TweetGrid has to be the most comprehensive twitter search tool I've yet to come across. It ranks right up there with TweetDeck in its ability to display multiple (up to 9) twitter feeds inside of one clean and compact desktop dashboard. TweetGrid displays your individual Twitter feeds according to hashtags and keywords.
So where have I been...? because according to TweetGrid (on Twitter) TweetGrid turned one year old in September.

As it happened, I was searching tweets last night with TweetDeck, another visually pleasing and powerful Twitter search tool, when I discovered a post from mrarrah.com asking readers to check out his TweetGrid. I clicked his link and saw a neatly organized, compact grid of Twitter feeds all in one neat desktop dashboard.  I then test drove TweetGrid for myself and found it to be a real beauty. I tried out all of the different grid patterns: 1x3, 2x3, 3x3, adding new keywords inside of each search box and the results were thrilling. I was blown away by the sheer amount of information I was able to aggregate inside of one neat window.

I've experimented with an number of tools to keep my twitter feeds organized - Netvibes, TwitterGadget, TweetDeck, Tweetie and Twitterific, just to name a few, but TweetGrid is the best I've come across so far.

Here is an example of a TweetGrid for Thelonious Monk, Sonny Rollins and Charlie Parker.


Click the image above for enlarged view

I recently broke the three classes that I teach into three specific hashtag groups. Separating my classes by hashtags allows me to organize, index and check each class individually and separate from the others. So far, TweetGrid is the best tool I've found to keep all my students visible and consolidated by class group, in one convenient location. Try it, you'll like it.

Below is an image of my classes broken up by hashtags as seen on Tweet Grid




Click the image above for enlarged view


H Songhai
10/1/09

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sign up for Loopt at www.loopt.com