Songhai Concepts

Media Literacy/Digital Archiving Instructor

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

ALL STUDENTS










Set Margaret Walker’s “For My People” to pictures or video

Margaret Walker wrote “For My People” over sixty years ago. The poem won her the Yale Younger Poets Award in 1942. I took a master poetry class with her in 1983. I remember Margaret Walker as a wise and enlightened professor – full of the myths, legends and memories that all special writers exude and share freely with their students.

I am asking all students to honor her legacy by thoughtfully setting her prize winning poem, “For My People” to pictures and/or video.

If you have a digital camera, scanner or a camcorder, you may use original images and footage to build this project.

Post any questions you may have about this assignment on my blog page.

Listen to Margaret Walker read an excerpt from For My People.

this is an audio post - click to play


Mr. Songhai
2-7-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Sign up for Loopt at www.loopt.com